BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Just to give anyone fair warning who reads this....I am going to be completely honest about this pregnancy and how I'm feeling. It may not be all bright and cheery, just so you know. This is my journal. I will be real, so take it or leave it. :)

Friday, October 30, 2009

16-18 Weeks

October 12: I had my first doctors appointment. Everything was fine, I heard the heartbeat and it was good. I was at 125lbs, which surprised me. I thought I weighed more than that before I was pregnant, but who knows since I don't think I've weighed myself since June. The doctor I went to was Dr. Kilgore. I initially wanted a female doctor, but then the girls at Mark's work said she wasn't a very good doctor. So I was going to switch but kept this first appointment since it was already scheduled. I thought she seemed nice, but I will take other peoples word that she doesn't do very well in the delivery room which is the most important thing. She actually was ok with the fact that I was still nursing in the morning. She said it would be fine to continue however long I wanted to. Other than that I had blood work done and that was it.

The link to my blog post this week with a picture of me at 16 weeks: http://akiracallie.blogspot.com/2009/10/16-weeks.html

This is what I wrote that day:

I finally had my first real doctors appointment the other day and everything is looking good with baby #2. I've been feeling good this time around. I was really lucky and only had sickness for about 3 weeks, so that was really nice. My weight is lower than I thought it would be which made me happy, especially since I still had about 10 lbs to lose from Colby's pregnancy when I got pregnant this time but oh well. I haven't really felt tired this pregnancy, well maybe when I was sick I felt a little more tired but not like I did with Colby. But that may have been since I was working full time, 10 hour days then. Anyways, I still have my rough days where I feel like I wont be able to handle two babies but they are getting fewer! But those days are hard for me to handle, and there are times when I wish I wasn't pregnant. I know that sounds horrible to say, but it's the truth for me. I think it's much easier to be pregnant when it was somewhat planned and not a total shock like this one was for me. And I don't think it helps that my emotions are all over the place and I cry at the most random things. Well enough about that. I tried to take a picture of myself, but it was dark and late so it didn't turn out that well but I'll post it anyways.

October 22: I felt the baby kick today. Up until this point there had been times I thought I may have felt something, but this night I know I felt it kick. It's nice to feel movement because then you know everything is ok, but sometimes it gets to be annoying. This pregnancy when the baby kicks it's not a weird thing to me. I remember with Colby that it was weird to feel him move and all I could think about was those weird alien movies where the alien pops out of the persons stomach. I know it's strange, but at least this time I didn't feel that way. This time I enjoy the movement since it reminds me that I am pregnant, except on the days when I feel overwhelmed about raising two babies. Those days I try to just push the thoughts out of my head and just forget about. I know everything works out for a reason and this is just how it's suppose to be.

0 Thoughts From Friends: